Victoria Carey, award winning editor of Country Style Magazine, shares her tips for a rural getaway.
As Editor of Country Style Magazine, I hate to be burdened by heavy luggage when I'm travelling so I've tried to perfect the art of travelling light. This means that everything I take needs to be able to be worn at any occasion.
My favourites are;
1. The handbag I take with me needs to be very roomy and versatile so i can carry a few extra essentials.
2. Accessories are key. A light cashmere wrap is one of them. A very practical choice. I love the feeling of being soft, light and warm. Our days are long and in the country you need layers.
3. Colour is important. It is easy to immediately change your look with a scarf, shrug or wrap. i always take one black and then another colour. They are the first thiing I put in my handbag when I am packing for a trip. Right now there is a smokey grey one.
4. A black dress which moves with you
5. A black linen dress. Nothing too tight but something that will take you from day to night. Then of course there is the shoe factor. Soul food for yoour feet is my motto.
8A, The Quadrangle, 100 Edinburgh Road, Castlecrag, Sydney NSW 2068
Open Monday to Friday 9.30 - 5 pm and Saturday 9.30 - 4pm
Our HQ retail store is also our design space. You can come and talk direct to our designers and buy, touch and feel and try on everything we have. We call it cashmere land. We love to hear your story and have accomodating lounge chairs to sit adn chat in.
83 George St, The Rocks, Sydney
Come and shop with us at this inconic Sydney sandstone buliding in the heart of The Rocks. Just oppostite the Museam of Contempory Art and near the corner of Argyle Street, you'll find us and 6 other small Australian designers offering a curated look of silk dresses and skirts, intimates, jewellery, panama hats and jackets and pants.